Biomaterials Days Grant
SFB will provide financial support for Biomaterials Days for several locations throughout the United States in 2018. Institutions are encouraged to apply for support of up to $5,000.
It is the vision of the Biomaterials Days Grant Program to incorporate the following:
- This should be a regional meeting. Suggested regions: Northwest (Washington/Oregon), Southeast (Florida/South Carolina/Memphis/Miss), Upper Midwest (Illinois; Michigan), and two others (possibly Mid-Atlantic or Colorado or New York)
- This day should be marketed to: students; SFB members in the greater metropolitan area including academics, industry, and government; non-SFB members who are in the metropolitan area.
- A keynote speaker should be provided. It is recommended that this person be a SFB member; justification is needed if this is not the case.
Report: A brief final/summary report with images from event, list of registered attendees and copies of all abstracts will be required after the event takes place.
- Applications for events to be held in 2018 are due by September 16, 2017.
- Notice of grant award will be provided by November - 2017.
Please note: you must be a current, recognized SFB student chapter to apply for the Biomaterials Day grant.