Biomaterials Days Grant
SFB will provide financial support for Biomaterials Days for several locations throughout the United States in 2018. Institutions are encouraged to apply for support of up to $5,000. Institutions must have an active SFB Student Chapter in good standing to be eligible and student involvement in planning and implementation of the event is highly encouraged.
It is the vision of the Biomaterials Days Grant Program to incorporate the following:
- This should be a regional meeting. Suggested regions: Northwest (Washington/Oregon), Southeast (Florida/South Carolina/Memphis/Miss), Upper Midwest (Illinois; Michigan), and two others (possibly Mid-Atlantic or Colorado or New York)
- This day should be marketed to: students; SFB members in the greater metropolitan area including academics, industry, and government; non-SFB members who are in the metropolitan area.
- A keynote speaker should be provided. It is recommended that this person be a SFB member; justification is needed if this is not the case.
Report: A brief final/summary report with images from event, list of registered attendees and copies of all abstracts will be required after the event takes place.
- Applications for events to be held in 2018 are due by September 16, 2017.
- Notice of grant award will be provided by November - 2017.
To submit an application, complete the form here and submit it to Deb Dupnik at email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed by the Education & Professional Development Committee. A sample application with redacted contact information is provided here for reference purposes only.
Please note: you must be a current, recognized SFB student chapter to apply for the Biomaterials Day grant.