BIOMATERIALS SCIENCE, 3rd EDITION
Buddy Ratner, PhD
Allan Hoffman, ScD
Frederick Schoen, MD, PhD
Jack Lemons, PhD
- Over 29,000 copies sold, this is the most comprehensive coverage of principles and applications of all classes of biomaterials
- Over 80 contributors from academia, government and industry
- Fully revised and expanded, key new topics include tissue engineering, drug delivery systems and new clinical applications
- New teaching and learning material throughout
- Case studies and a downloadable image bank
- Endorsed by the Society For Biomaterials.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of principles and applications of all classes of biomaterials.
- Integrates concepts of biomaterials science and biological interactions with clinical science and societal issues including law, regulation, and ethics
- Discusses successes and failures of biomaterials applications in clinical medicine and the future directions of the field
- Cover the broad spectrum of biomaterial compositions including polymers, metals, ceramics, glasses, carbons, natural materials, and composites
- Edited by four of the best-known figures in the biomaterials field today
The third edition of this bestselling title presents the most up-to-date comprehensive reviews of all aspects of biomaterials science by providing a balanced, curricular approach to learning biomaterials. An historical perspective of materials engineering principles is integrated with the biological interactions of biomaterials, regulatory and ethical issues and future directions of the field, and a state-of-the-art update of medical and biotechnological applications. From tissue engineering to cochlear prostheses and drug delivery systems, all aspects of this important and growing field are thoroughly addressed.
Contributions detailing the principles of cell biology, immunology, and pathology from pre-eminent researchers and practitioners from diverse academic and professional backgrounds have been integrated into this important volume. The chapters focus on the clinical uses of biomaterials as components in implants, devices, and artificial organs and their uses in biotechnology as well as the characterization of the physical, chemical, biochemical and surface properties of these materials.
To receive the 25% discount, enter the SFB member discount code “BIOMED315”. SFB extends its gratitude to the editors for donating proceeds from the book to the Society For Biomaterials!