*Membership fees are based on a calendar year – January 1st to December 31st, and are not pro-rated.
All membership categories include the following benefits:
- 24-Hour member access for Society For Biomaterials members to find other members through the Online Membership Directory in a password-protected members-only section.
- Worldwide Networking - The Society For Biomaterials is proud to be one of the World Biomaterials Congress societies, which maintain scientific interaction and communication and share the goal of international scientific exchange throughout the world. The World Biomaterials Congress societies convene every four years.
- Registration discounts on annual meetings, workshops, special symposia and short courses. Society educational programs enhance the professional development of members and non-members in related fields. Society annual meetings are the premier events of the biomaterials community where researchers convene to share the latest technologies and discoveries.
- United States government representation through AIMBE.
- Free subscription to Biomaterials Forum, the official newsletter of the Society.
- Significant discounts on various biomaterials related journals and publications through the Book Store.
- Professional recognition through various prestigious Society awards and FBSE status recognition.
- Focused networking through participation in Special Interest Groups
- Access to biomaterials products and services through the Society's fully searchable Internet Resource Guide.
Interested in becoming a member? We offer three types of Membership:
Dues: $205 per year, which includes a free subscription to the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (incorporating Applied Biomaterials).
Any person not currently a full time student who has an interest in the field of biomaterials shall be eligible to be an active member.
Dues: $110 per year, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (incorporating Applied Biomaterials).
Any recent graduate, if not currently employed or pursuing additional training in the field of biomaterials, is eligible for Associate Post-Grad Membership.
Dues: $40 per year. (Student members may add a JBMR subscription for an additional $35.) Student members may also join as many SIGs as they like for free.
Any full time student who is interested in the field of biomaterials shall be eligible to be an Associate Student Member.
Or, click here for a printable SFB membership application (pdf)
Are you a current member?
Select "My Dashboard" to renew your membership dues online.
Or, you can click here for a printable copy of the SFB membership renewal form (pdf), which can be mailed or faxed in to SFB Headquarters.